An Enemy of the People
- Genre Drama
- Release Date March 17, 1978
- Country USA
- Directed by George Schaefer
- Writer credits Henrik Ibsen, Alexander Jacobs, Arthur Miller
- Rating 7.1 / 10 (749 votes) IMDb movie rating
- Cast Harry Frazier, Leon Charles, Glenn Ransom, Louise Hoven, Ham Larsen, John Levin, Richard Bradford, Robin Pearson Rose, Eric Christmas, Michael Higgins, Michael Cristofer, Richard Dysart, Charles Durning, Bibi Andersson
- Produced by George Schaefer, Philip L. Parslow
- Description It's winter in a small southern Norwegian town in the late nineteenth century. After years of struggling, Dr. Thomas Stockmann and his family - his wife Catherine, their young adult daughter Petra, and their two adolescent sons Ejlif and Morten - have returned to town after being away for five years up north, he now well respected and successful as the medical resident of the Health Institute at Kirsten Springs, where he is also a board member. He devised the springs and institute as a center of therapeutic benefits on his own, but developed it with his brother, the town mayor, Peter Stockmann, who is the board chair. They have reinvigorated what was the financially crumbling town. Peter takes credit for giving Thomas this air of respectability, something that has never been important to Thomas, who would rather be seen as a man of conviction in doing the right thing. In this respect, Petra takes after her father. Thomas often writes articles for the local activist newspaper, The ...
|An Enemy of the People (1978) NTSC DVD DD2.0 x264||2|
|An Enemy of the People (1978) NTSC DVD DD2.0 x264||1|
Find An Enemy of the People subtitles by selecting the correct language.