- Genre Drama
- Release Date August 26, 2016
- Country Norway
- Directed by Vibeke Idsøe
- Writer credits Erik Fosnes Hansen, Vibeke Idsøe
- Rating 5.5 / 10 (63 votes) IMDb movie rating
- Cast Lara Braukmann, Sara Braukmann, Eveline Bär, Kåre Conradi, Ken Duken, Penda Faal, Tove Heyerdal, Nils Jørgen Kaalstad, Burghart Klaußner, Lars Knutzon, John Sigurd Kristensen, Rolf Kristian Larsen, Rolf Lassgård, John Lebar
- Produced by Helen Ahlsson, M. Reza Bahar, Philip Borbély, Petter J. Borgli, Marcus B. Brodersen, Bastian Griese, John M. Jacobsen, Gustav Oldén, Eva Anker-Rasch Storm, Fredrik Wikström
- Description After a novel by Norwegian Writer Erik Fosnes Hansen from 2006. The title means "The Lion Woman" in English. Film and book describe the early years in the life of Eva, a girl born with hypertrichosis lanuginosa congenita, an illness which makes hairs grow over large parts of one's body. Eva is examined by doctors in humiliating ways, and bullied in school. She falls in love, experiences respect and disrespect. In her teens, Eva travels in a theater group together with other folk who suffer from rare diseases.
Find Løvekvinnen subtitles by selecting the correct language.