To Walk Invisible: The Bronte Sisters
- Genre Drama
- Release Date December 29, 2016
- Country UK
- Directed by Sally Wainwright
- Writer credits Sally Wainwright
- Rating 7.7 / 10 (546 votes) IMDb movie rating
- Cast Hugh Simon, Thomas Nelstrop, Adam Nagaitis, David Walmsley, Jill Baker, Rebecca Callard, Finn Atkins, Thomas Howes, Luke Newberry, Joe Armstrong, Chloe Pirrie, Jonathan Pryce, Charlie Murphy, James Norton
- Produced by Sally Wainwright, Matthew Read, Faith Penhale, Jonathan Leather, Rebecca Eaton
- Description In 1845 at Haworth on the Yorkshire moors sisters Anne, Charlotte and Emily Bronte and their father, a retired parson with failing eye-sight, are continually troubled by their drunken, irresponsible brother Branwell, who wastes every opportunity given him to become an artist. Charlotte fears for her own sight whilst Emily seeks refuge in writing about the imaginary land of Gondor but all three are fearful for their future should their menfolk die. Charlotte is impressed by Emily's work and encourages her to write a novel, inspired by a story told her by a former employer, which will become 'Wuthering Heights' All three sisters write novels, loosely based on their own experiences using androgynous masculine pen-names which are ultimately accepted for publication. Their success allows them to identify their true gender and to save the roof over their heads but Branwell's self-indulgence leads to his early death and both Emily and Anne succumb to sickness, dying young. An end title ...
Find To Walk Invisible: The Bronte Sisters subtitles by selecting the correct language.